Author: Robin Nelson
Grade Level: Pk-2
Buy it here!
This books provides children with creative and easy ways on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle. It shows children the steps they can take to reduce trash and energy at home. It encourages children to come up with new ideas on how to reuse materials found around them, such as turning empty water battles into bird houses. There are illustrations in each page to help children visualize on how to apply each concept, such as how to recycle different types of materials. It also includes an activity, fun facts, glossary, and index, which can be incorporated into a lesson plan. This book will inspire children to become active members of their society and help take care of our planet.
Element 6: Social Action
This book goes beyond raising awareness of how we must take care of our planet, to providing students with creative ideas that will inspire them to create change and take action in helping care of our environment. It encourages children to be responsible, and provides them with the skills and knowledge they need on how to make green choices and take part of social action.
- Children will be write the glossary words in their notebook
- They will chose one word from their list, for example: Reuse
- They will write a story where they will have to come up with creative and fun ways they can reuse things arounds them.
- They will include an illustration that will show what is going on in the story.
- They will share it with the class and we will have discussion about the topic.